If money can’t buy you happiness, grilled food surely can and the best grilled food comes from clean grills.
From the best grill marks on steaks to the charred wood aroma from chicken meat, grills can make a BBQ Party without any extra effort.
But then, for the perfect food, you will need a perfectly clean grill.
Wondering how to clean your Traeger Grill Grates?
Unclean Traeger grills that have been used for cooking too many times often fail to infuse the char grilled aroma as well as the grill marks on the food.
To get them back, you will need to clean your grill as professionally as possible.
Read this article to know 6 easy steps to clean your Traeger Grill Grates at your home.
Table of Contents
- FAQ Related to Cleaning Traeger Grill Grates
- When is the Best Time to Clean Traeger Grill Grates?
- How Often Should You Clean Grill Grates?
- Cleaning Traeger Pellet Grills
- 6 Easy Steps to Clean Traeger Grill Grates
- 7 Important Tips to Remember Before Cleaning Traeger Grill Grates
- Can You Put Traeger Grill Grates in the Dishwasher?
- Can You Clean Traeger Grill Grates with Vinegar?
- What is the Best Traeger Cleaning Brush and Traeger Spray to Clean Grill Grates?
- Final Thoughts
FAQ Related to Cleaning Traeger Grill Grates
When is the Best Time to Clean Traeger Grill Grates?
Proper management, maintenance and cleaning of Traeger grills grates is of utmost importance.
As far as the best time to clean grill grates is concerned, you can try cleaning them immediately after having finished your grill cooking.
Cleaning the grill grates while they are still hot will help remove grease stains easily.
This is why I usually recommend you to clean your Treager grates as soon as you are done with your cooking.
How Often Should You Clean Grill Grates?
A clean and well-maintained grill grate is crucial for the sake of proper functioning grill.
You must clean them after every couple of cooks.
But it depends mostly on the type of food you usually cook.
If it is too greasy, you must clean them more often.
Moreover, if you cook for longer hours, you must clean them thoroughly after every cooking session.
This is more true when you use charcoal grills.
Cleaning Traeger Pellet Grills
Traeger Pellet grills are the ones that use wooden pellets instead of charcoal for cooking.
For pellet grills, you should clean the grates once after every five cooks.
This will ensure that the cooking is hygienic as well as smooth.
Similarly, if you have been cooking for longer hours, for instance, eight hours at a go, you should clean the grates thoroughly and immediately after cooking.
In a nutshell, clean the Traeger grill gates regularly to ensure that your grill lasts longer and functions perfectly.
Recommended Articles for You:
Learn How to Change Old Worn Out Traeger Grill Hot Rod
Learn What Precautions You Should Take While Using Pyrex Pan on Traeger Grill
4 Easy Tips to Reduce the Noise Made by Your Traeger Grill Auger
6 Easy Steps to Clean Traeger Grill Grates
Although not a very elongated procedure, cleaning Traeger Grill Grates might be a little complicated.
But fret not!
We have got you covered with a step by step guide to clean your Traeger Grill Grates at your home.
1. All purpose cleaner and Degreaser by Traeger
2. Vacuum for both wet and dry suction
3. Aluminum foil or trays for the drips
4. Paper and cloth napkins and towels
5. Buckets for drip replacement purposes
6. A Scraping tool, preferably non-metallic for scrubbing the grates
7. BBQ Heat Resistant Hand gloves to protect your hand from the dirt
6 Simple Steps to Clean the Traeger Grill Grates
To clean your Traeger Grill Grates, follow the 6 simple steps as mentioned below.
1. Spray the Traeger all purpose cleaner on the grates.
2. Apply some degreaser on the grates and leave them for some time.
3. Remove the grill grates and use a non-metallic scraping tool to clean the grates thoroughly.
4. Meanwhile, change the drip trays and aluminum foils.
5. Start vacuuming the interior space of the grill alongside the firepot.
6. Reassemble the parts one by one carefully.
With these 6 simple steps, you can quickly clean your Traeger Grill Grates at the comfort of your home.
7 Important Tips to Remember Before Cleaning Traeger Grill Grates
1. It is better not to use brushes made of metal or wire while cleaning the Traeger Grill Grates.
2. You should use cloths and thick paper towels meant for cleaning purposes.
3. It is best if you use the All Purpose Cleaner by Traeger.
It offers the best cleaning results so far.
But there is no such hard and fast rule.
You can use any other Cleaner or degreaser if you want to.
4. You need not clean the RTD or even the Thermocouple unless it is too dirty visibly.
For instance, if there is a buildup of dirt on it.
5. You can use metal scrapers for the interior part of the grill.
6. It is better to start cleaning from the very top before moving down to the bottom.
7. Start the cleaning process with the smoke stack. Most Traeger grills have one.
Can You Put Traeger Grill Grates in the Dishwasher?
Technically, any metal utensil of the correct size can be placed in a dishwasher.
So, in simple words, I would say you can put your Traeger grill grates in the dishwasher if they are made of metal and have a perfect size.
This will help remove the stains that tend to be stubborn.
This will also remove the fatty layers that stick to the surface alongside the morsels that get seared and are difficult to get rid of.
Nevertheless, make sure that the grill grates are at room temperature when you place them in the dishwasher.
It is not safe to keep heated grill grates in the dishwasher.
Moreover, if your grill grates can be broken into separate pieces, do so before placing them in the dishwasher.
Can You Clean Traeger Grill Grates with Vinegar?
Vinegar is a legend as far as the process of cleaning of utensils is concerned.
Vinegar is said to be a great help in removing stubborn stains and grease that cannot be removed otherwise.
Yet this might be a little elongated process since you will need to soak your grill grates in vinegar overnight.
1. First, wait for the grill grates to cool down and return to room temperature.
2. Then, take a large bag, preferably a garbage bag of a size enough to accommodate all the grill grates.
3. Next, add two cups of white vinegar along with one cup of baking soda.
Once the mixture starts foaming, add it into the bag.
Then, seal the bag tightly with the help of rubber bands and strings.
4. Keep the bag at some cool corner of the house and wait for overnight.
5. Next morning, extract the grill grates from the bag.
Wash the grates with water in a sink.
You can also use a water pipe.
Almost all of the grease and dirt should have been removed by now.
If they have not, they might be stuck there but you will notice how loose and softer they are than before.
6. If there is any residue left in the bag, seal the bag once again before discarding it.
And finally, place the grill grates back into the grill.
What is the Best Traeger Cleaning Brush and Traeger Spray to Clean Grill Grates?
We all can clean our Traeger grills and grill grates at home with ease.
But if you wish to clean them thoroughly and not take them elsewhere either, you can try using a few professional accessories like cleaning brushes and sprays by Traeger.
Although there are a lot of cleaning products available in the market, we have listed the best of the lot for you.
1. Traeger Pellet Grills BAC537 BBQ Cleaning Brush
This cleaning Brush has been designed especially for Traeger grill grates.
That’s the reason, you will be able to clean your grill grates without any professional assistance and with much less time for overall cleaning.
The body of the brush has been made with stainless steel which can stay intact after loads of usage.
The brush is made of nylon which cannot damage the grill or its grates.
The height of the brush is 15.75 inches.
It has a length of 5.91 inches and a width of 1.22 inches.
The brush is meant for cleaning grill grates at room temperature.
At higher temperature, do not use this brush to clean your grates.
Always remember to cool the grates down before cleaning them.
Click Here to Get Trager Pellet Grill Cleaning Brush.
2. Traeger BAC403 All Natural Spray Cleaner
While all our homemade DIY sprays and cleaners may be of great use, it is always recommended to use Traeger products to clean Traeger grills and grates.
This cleaner by Traeger is purely natural and no chemicals are used.
Hence the food surface remains not only clean but also safe for further cooking.
Spray the cleaner on the grill grates and leave them to soak for a few hours.
Wipe with a wet cloth first and then a dry cloth or napkin to remove the residue.
Click Here to Get All Natural Traeger Spray Cleaner.
Cleaning your Traeger grill grates is really an easy process.
You just have to use right cleaning products to achieve the best cleaning results.
Now that you know all about cleaning your grill grates, what are you waiting for?
Get your accessories and start cleaning now!
It is only a clean grill that will ensure the best BBQ party food in your backyard next weekend!