How many times have you heard your friends say that owning a grill is easy.
But it’s the maintenance part that is a bit tedious to handle.
This must have happened quite a few times, we are sure of that!
Once you have bought a Traeger grill, you will eventually figure out that your friends aren’t wrong.
The key to the longevity of the grill is indeed its regular maintenance.
However, it doesn’t need to be as hard as your friends have made it out to be.
And when we talk about maintenance, we are not talking about spring cleaning your grill once every few months.
Although, I admit that is also an essential task to accomplish every now and then.
In this case, I am specifically talking about cleaning your Traeger grill thoroughly and protecting it from any grease build-up over the period.
This cleaning is also important to prevent any future fire breakouts.
You can make the cooking experience on your Traeger grill enjoyable and hassle-free for sure.
And you can do so by investing in a quality and reliable Traeger drip tray liner.
A drip tray liner saves your time and effort by keeping your drip trays clean and hygienic to use.
Not only that, it helps to prevent any nasty grease fires.
Installing the Traeger drip tray liner is a pretty easy task as well.
1. First, just switch off the grill.
2. Then, take out the drip pan and wrap the drip tray liner over it.
3. Now, fold the edges carefully so that no gap exists in between.
4. Finally, assemble everything back together, and voila, you are done installing a new Traeger drip tray liner.
Table of Contents
- 5 Primary Benefits of Using Traeger Drip Tray Liner
- Where Does the Traeger Drip Tray Liner Go?
- Do You Really Need a Drip Tray on a Traeger Grill?
- How to Use Traeger Drip Tray Liner?
- How Often You Should Change Traeger Drip Tray Liner?
- How Do You Wrap a Traeger Drip Pan?
- How Do You Remove a Traeger Drip Tray?
- How to Clean Traeger Drip Tray?
- How to Use Traeger Grill without Drip Pan?
- What is the Traeger Drip Tray Liner Alternative?
5 Primary Benefits of Using Traeger Drip Tray Liner
There are various benefits of using Traeger’s drip tray liner.
Some 0f the advantages I have listed for you as follows.
1. It is easy to install and easy to use.
2. It collects all the grease and gunk coming from grilled food, and keeps your Traeger grill clean and hygienic.
3. It is also very lightweight and can be carried to multiple places easily without any difficulty.
4. The drip tray liner is very easy to clean with the help of a scraper or a putty knife.
5. It helps in minimizing the frequency of your grill drip pan replacement.
Click Here to Get a Traeger Drip Tray Liner for Your Grill.
If you are still on the fence and wondering whether to purchase a drip liner for your Traeger grill, then think no more.
And if you have already purchased the liner but are unsure regarding how to install and use the same, then I have already provided some useful tips in this article for you.
Read on to find out how to install the drip tray liner, how to remove the drip pan, how to clean it, and more.
Recommended Articles for You:
6 Simple Steps to Clean Traeger Grill Grates
5 Easy Steps to Clean Traeger Grill Grease Trap
Learn if You Can Use Traeger Grill Safely in Apartments
Where Does the Traeger Drip Tray Liner Go?
A drip tray liner is installed on the drip tray’s outer surface.
A drip tray is located at the side of the Traeger grill to catch any grease coming from the food you are cooking.
If you leave the drip tray unclean for a longer period of time, then the grease slowly ruins the metal and causes it to rust after few months.
Varieties of Traeger drip tray liners are available for different Traeger grill models.
All you have to do is to search for your grill model number online and you will be provided with the drip tray liner that suits the given model the best.
Click Here to Search for Your Traeger Grill Model and Find the Right Drip Tray Liner for Your Grill.
Do You Really Need a Drip Tray on a Traeger Grill?
Yes, you certainly require to install a drip tray for your Traeger grill.
When you grill your meat, grease is usually extracted from it which makes it a healthier food option.
However, this grease needs to go somewhere, and that’s where the drip trays come into the picture.
A drip tray pan collects all the grease from the food and also any remaining food drippings.
Drip trays also prevent any flare-ups making it easy to cook on your grill.
In short, without the drip tray, the food you cook on the grill will not be as flavourful and healthy as you want it to be.
How to Use Traeger Drip Tray Liner?
Once you have installed the Traeger drip tray liner as mentioned in the beginning of this guide, then you can use it properly to keep your grill clean and hygienic.
Just cook the food as you normally would and don’t forget to replace the drip tray liner after certain period of time.
The best part of using the drip tray liner is that you don’t have to clean the grill tray after every use.
This is a very important benefit of using drip tray liner.
The convenience of using the grill and not worrying about cleaning it afterwards just warms our hearts.
These aluminum drip liners are heat-proof.
This makes the whole process of cleaning and maintaining your grills a child’s play.
However, I strongly advise you to take proper measurements of your Traeger grill first before placing the order.
You need to select the right drip tray liner size that fits the grill properly and for that you have to know proper grill size measurements.
How Often You Should Change Traeger Drip Tray Liner?
It is advised that you change the Traeger drip tray liner after every 5 meals are prepared.
You can also clean it after you have cooked a longer duration meal.
Changing the drip tray liner frequently is highly advised.
Otherwise, it can get sticky and cooking meat on it can get a bit tough.
The Traeger drip tray liners come in a pack of 5.
Therefore, buying the one will last for a long time, which makes this purchase an absolute value for money.
As mentioned earlier, the actual process of changing the drip tray liner is also extremely simple.
1. Switch off the grill and let it cool for some time.
2. Unfold the Traeger drip tray liner from the edges of the drip tray and give the drip pan a wipe using a soft and clean cloth.
3. Slide a new drip tray liner over it and fold the edges carefully, ensuring no gaps exist.
4. Put everything back together, switch on the grill and you are ready to cook some delicious food back again.
How Do You Wrap a Traeger Drip Pan?
Wrapping a Traeger drip pan is not exactly a rocket science and actually very easy to do.
There are a few simple steps that you need to follow.
The 6 simple steps are provided as follows.
1. Switch off your Traeger grill and unplug it from the electrical socket. Let the grill cool down for a while.
2. Next, pull out the grill grate and take out the drip pan.
3. Slide the Traeger drip tray liner over the pan while making sure that the Traeger’s logo is facing upwards.
4. Fold down all the tabs over the tray edge so that the tray liner fits perfectly in place.
5. Make sure that there are no gaps outside the drip pan and the drip liner rests fully over it.
6. Put everything back together and switch on your grill to enjoy some delicious, and hassle-free cooking.
For more understanding, I highly recommend you to watch the following video carefully.
How Do You Remove a Traeger Drip Tray?
Again, the process is pretty simple and easy to follow.
1. First, turn off your Traeger grill and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
2. After making sure that the grill is cool enough, remove the grill grates and the small bucket located close to the grill grate.
3. Remove the drip tray pan and install the drip tray liner over it ensuring that it fits perfectly and no gaps exist.
4. The next step is to put everything back together and switch on your grill.
And you are done with the installation of Traeger drip tray liner.
How to Clean Traeger Drip Tray?
There are various ways to clean your Traeger drip tray.
I have included the easiest method which is mentioned step by step as follows.
1. Switch off your Traeger grill and remove the grill grates
2. Use a scraper or a small knife to remove any gunk or grease that might have accumulated over time.
3. Once done, either you can use warm water or warm soapy water to clean out the rest.
4. Leave the tray to air dry for a while.
5. When the drip tray is dry enough, put it back with the other parts of the grill.
How to Use Traeger Grill without Drip Pan?
Yes, you can surely use a Traeger grill without a drip pan.
However, I would really not advise you to do so.
Instead of using the regular Traeger drip pans, some people like to switch them with a one-time use drip pan.
These pans however need to be replaced after every use.
That is a tiresome process and after every time you cook, you need to open the grill and replace the drip pan.
The Traeger grill drip pan has several benefits, some of which are already mentioned above.
If you are someone who enjoys healthy, grease-free food and also wants to keep your grills clean and gunk free, drip pans are an essential requirement for you.
Click Here to Start Using Official Trager Grill Drip Pan or Drip Tray.
What is the Traeger Drip Tray Liner Alternative?
Traeger drip tray liner has also few alternatives.
There are some cheaper brands available in the market that you can opt for.
However, they don’t provide the same results as Traeger drip tray does.
You can also opt to use aluminum foils instead of the drip tray liners.
Aluminum foils are indeed more affordable, but you need to replace them after each time you cook or else they get too pasty.
Also, if you choose to use aluminum foils, you need to ensure they are of good enough quality or they wouldn’t be able to withstand high-temperature cooking.
Therefore, instead of using low quality alternatives, I highly recommend you to use only high quality and durable Traeger Grill Drip Tray Liners.
If you love cooking on your Traeger grill as much as I do, you must already be aware about the importance of owning a high-quality drip tray liner.
Trager drip tray liners are a godsend and I have enjoyed every moment of cooking with them, and I am sure you will enjoy the gunk less grilling too.
The liner not only makes the whole cleaning process an easy one, but it also saves your time significantly.
There is no more scraping hard gunk from the grill after every cooking session.
Just slide this beauty on your drip tray and enjoy the delicious food without any worries or hard physical labor.