If you have decided to take your barbecue game up a notch by purchasing the Traeger Pro 575 pellet grill, then we welcome you to the club.
This grill comes with quite a few innovative features and trust me when I say this, it’s quite a delight to own and use at your home.
However, if you have just purchased the Taeger Pro 575 grill and are new to the grilling world, you must be confused about what steps should follow next.
Don’t worry, because I am here to help you with everything above and beyond when it comes to season the Traeger Pro 575 grill.
Before you grill your first batch of veg or non-veg food in your Traeger Pro 575, it’s essential that you season the grill.
Seasoning is an important one-time procedure which you must follow.
Seasoning process ensures removal of oil and non-toxic chemicals that could have been left during the manufacturing process of the grill.
If you are unsure how to go about the seasoning of your Traeger pro 575 Grill then I highly recommend to read this article till the end.
So, without any delay, lets dive into the topic.
Table of Contents
- FAQ Related to Seasoning of Traeger Pro 575 Pellet Grill
- Do You Have to Season a Traeger Pro 575 Grill Before Using It?
- What is the Exact Process to Season My Traeger Pro 575 Grill?
- What are the Traeger Pro 575 Initial Firing Instructions?
- How Do I Get More Smoke from My Traeger 575 Pro Grill?
- Final Thoughts
FAQ Related to Seasoning of Traeger Pro 575 Pellet Grill
Do You Have to Season a Traeger Pro 575 Grill Before Using It?
Yes, you need to season a Traeger Pro 575 grill before using it.
As already mentioned above, this is an easy one-time procedure to make sure the food you cook is perfect without any unwanted residue or smell.
It is also recommended that you season your grills once in a few months so as to keep your grills in the best shape.
The entire process of seasoning is unbelievably simple, and all you have to do is follow the instructions provided in this article.
Recommended Articles for You:
What is the Exact Process to Season My Traeger Pro 575 Grill?
The seasoning procedure is pretty simple and straightforward.
Just follow the below mentioned step by step process and you will be done in just few minutes.
1. First, plug in your Traeger Pro 575 grill to an outlet and switch on the power button.
2. Open the hopper of the grill and add some pellets to it.
It’s not necessary for you to completely fill the hopper, just fill it half and you are good to go.
3. Next step would be to select the auger.
This can be done by turning your grill’s main switch on and rotating the knob on the menu’s controller until you reach the auger option.
Tap on the same to select it.
4. Once you have selected the auger option, choose the “prime auger” option which will induce a countdown of about 4 minutes.
You will know the priming of auger is completed when some of the pellets start falling into the firepot.
When that starts to happen, click on the done option to switch the auger off.
5. Check if the firepot of the grill is working properly.
This can be done easily by placing your hand over it to feel if hot air is blowing out of it.
6. Rotate the dial clockwise to choose the temperature of the grill.
Turn the dial until it reaches 350 Degrees F or 177 Degrees Celsius and then press it.
7. Press on the ignite button and close the lid while letting the grill run for some time until it reaches a temperature of 350 degrees F.
Once that happens, you need to set a timer for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, we will move the temperature dial and set it to 450 Degrees F.
When the temperature of 450 Degree F is reached, we need to run the grill for additional half an hour before we shut it down.
9. Shutting down your Traeger pro 575 grill is an easy task.
All you have to do is press the selection knob for around 3 seconds.
This will instantly start the shutdown process that can take around 20 to 25 minutes to complete.
10. Once the grill is switched off, it is ready to use.
Just clean the racks with a damp cloth before starting your next grilling procedure.
What are the Traeger Pro 575 Initial Firing Instructions?
Initial firing process for Traeger Pro 575 pellet grill is pretty straightforward and does take only few minutes to accomplish.
The actual procedure is as follows.
1. First step is to make sure that your grill is properly assembled.
You will need to follow the assembly instructions that are provided inside the owner’s manual for a seamless assembly.
2. Then, switch on your grill and add wood pellets in your grill’s hopper till its full. You can also keep the half full pellets.
3. Now, preheat the pellets for around 20 minutes with lid closed by selecting the smoke option on the temperature dial.
4. Once the preheating is done, select the temperature you desire depending on whether you want to grill, roast or bake your food.
5. Finally, when the food is cooked or grilled properly, then remove everything and shut down the grill.
When it cools down, clean the Traeger grates with a clean damp cloth.
How Do I Get More Smoke from My Traeger 575 Pro Grill?
If you wish to get more smoke from your Traeger 575 pro grill, you need to follow the below given methods.
1. Lower the temperature by around 50 Degrees F and let the meat cook for some additional time.
2. Try different quality wood pellets that can help in providing your meat with that powerful smoky flavour.
3. If none of the above options seem to work for you, you should go for a pellet smoker tube.
These tubes are made of 304 stainless steel, and tend to produce more smoke by holding the pellets more closely.
The smoke produced is distributed evenly and consistently without burning up the pellets too quickly.
4, Finally, keep the lid of the hood closed at all times and only open it when there is an absolute necessity to prevent the smoke from getting out of the grill.
Traeger Pro 575 Pellet Grill is a must-buy for every barbecue enthusiast looking for something efficient and sturdy, yet inexpensive and easy to maintain.
While buying this grill is a smart choice, people might get a bit confused on how to season aka burn in the grill.
And that’s where this article comes in really helpful for you.
By following the easy-to-follow seasoning steps provided in this article, you can not only enhance the taste of the food immensely, but also increase the longevity of the grill.